Our donors are special. They give from their hearts to the flock because they love their own companion birds and /or they understand Free Flight's mission and truly support what Free Flight is doing for the community.
Free Flight is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) exotic bird sanctuary. We rely heavily on the support of our members and loyal donors to maintain an excellent quality of life for our birds.
- Direct Donations are 100% tax deductible
- Donor acknowledgement – on-site display board for donations cumulatively totaling over $500
- Invites to special events for donors
Free Flight Donor Recognition
Click here for full list of donors. Please be sure to see our donor board on display when you visit the sanctuary.
Thank you Sponsors and Friends:
- sponsoring Midori
- sponsoring Blizzard
Debi and Charlie Conner
- sponsoring Casper, Malcolm, Peanut, and Obi
- sponsoring Luna
- sponsoring Baby Bird
Michelle and Harry McKee
- sponsoring Timmy & Ozzie
- sponsoring Tika
- sponsoring Mona
- sponsoring Ollie
Ian Salman & Jessica Craft
- sponsoring Circe
- sponsoring Duchess
- sponsoring Wilhemina
- previous owner of Free Flight with Dr. Bob Stonebreaker and current landlord
- sponsoring Pluto
Recent major grants:
Website upgrade and computer system, pond refurbishment, drip sprinkler system and landscape, washer and dryer, freezer, and sponsoring various fundraisers
Memorial to Andrea Borr Duke
Del Mar Foundation
Learning Center tables, benches and umbrellas and initialization of the Jr Docent Program
Clinic Room Project
The Wheatley Foundation
Free Flight Income 2015
Click here to view our 2015 Annual Report.
Free Flight's success comes not only from donations and volunteers but also from our friends. The following is a list of those who deserve special mention.
Endowment > $25,000
Founder > $10,000
Patron > $5000
Sustaining > $2,500
Supporting > $1,000
Contributing > $500
Where will your donations go?
Where it's most needed - To support our birds, koi and programs.
Under My Wing Parrot Sponsorship
It takes an average of $583 a year to support one bird who could be with us somewhere between 2 and 5 years. Sponsorship is a way to improve the quality of daily life for a bird while it is in the sanctuary.
Do you have a favorite bird that you visit at Free Flight or online that you would like to sponsor? Or maybe you simply want to help Free Flight fulfill our mission? Whatever the reason may be, your support is invaluable to help us care for our birds.
There are many things we need to reach our goals.
Cash donations are always welcome but donations in-kind work as well:
- USA Forever Stamps
- Clear storage tubs
- Portable Bluetooth Speaker (for special events and rainy days)
- Large trash cans with wheels
- Pond supplies; Novaaqua Water Conditioner
- Bird Toys (*please pre-approve with staff for safety!)
- Grooming supplies (heavy duty nail files)
- Office Supplies (Sharpies, highlighters, pens, cardstock paper, copy paper, tape, binders, notebooks, page protectors)
- Yard Maintenance Supplies (Work gloves, rakes, brooms, dust pans, heavy duty spray bottles, BBQ grill scrapers)
- Assorted Tools (Drill & Drill set)
- Outreach Vehicle
Please call or email if you would like more information about how to fulfill an item from our wish list.
Estate planning options to cover the care of your companion bird or to help support our mission.
Free Flight will help find the ideal home for your parrot or he/she would stay at Free Flight.
Lifelong Care Plan
Secure the lifelong care of your parrot at Free Flight.
set up a trust for the care of your parrot and hire an administrator
Designate a specific amount or a percentage of your estate.
If you are interested in estate planning, please Contact Us for additional information.